Welcome to your Gibbons Journey!
We want to make the application process as smooth as possible. The application for the 2018-2019 school year is processed online.
All students applying for the class of 2022 must submit the online application including a student essay and registration for the Admission Placement Test which is the High School Placement Test (HSPT) by Scholastic Testing Services.
We offer two test dates for your convenience, December 2nd or January 6th.
The due date for the online application is November 28th if you are registering for the December 2nd test.
Students choosing to take the HSPT on January 6th, must submit the online application by January 3rd, the final deadline.
Your submitted online application automatically confirms your registration for the selected test date.
Applicants interested in be admitted to Cardinal Gibbons as sophomores or juniors will follow the same application process but do not take the Admissions Placement Test. The deadline for transfer applications is March 20, 2018.
Cardinal Gibbons Application Process:
- Register for placement testing through the online application.(9th grade applicants only)
- Complete your student essay which is part of the online application
- We want to learn more about you. Spend some time thinking about your passions, your future, your Gibbons journey.
- Submit your teacher recommendation through the schoolrecs link on the "introduction" page of the online application.
- We want to hear from a current teacher about what makes you unique as an applicant. The recommendation must be requested by January 3rd.
- Audition for the fine art for which you have a passion. (9th grade applicants only)
- We want you to be able to pursue your passions for all four years at Gibbons. Read about our outstanding arts department and set up your auditions.
- Indicate that you would like to take the World Language Placement Test (if applicable)(9th grade applicants only)
- Students wishing to place above level 1 in a world language should register through the application for our world language placement test held on March 3rd, 2018. (Required for incoming 9th grade students only.)
- Submit your application!
- The final application deadline for the class of 2022 is January 3rd. (recommendations need NOT be submitted but should be requested by the January 3rd deadline in order for application to be complete.) The $175 application fee can be paid via check or credit card and includes both your application and testing fees.
- Transfer students pay only application fee of $100.
- Send us your transcripts
- Students who attend one of our Diocesan K-8 schools will have their transcripts sent automatically but all other applicants must email their semester grades to our Director of Admissions, Marianne McCarty.
- Spend a day with a Gibbons Guide (optional student visit)
- Our GPS program is a great beginning to a Gibbons journey. Spend the day partnered with a current student and see what the excitement is all about.
- Acceptance notifications are sent out in late February. We look forward to working with each applicant to make this important decision.
For transfers for the 2017-2018 school year:
(The application deadline for the class of 2021 has passed so if you are applying for the class of 2021 or inquiring about a transfer please contact our admissions office prior to completing an application.