Tryout Info for 2017-18 School Year
- April 24, 4:00pm - 7:30pm
- Parent/Cheerleader Meeting 4:00pm - 5:00pm in the Crusader Room
- Tryouts will begin shortly after and run 5pm - 7:30pm in the Auxiliary Gym
- April 25, 4:00pm - 7:30pm, Tryout Clinic in the Auxiliary Gym
- April 26, 4:00pm - 7:30pm, Tryout Clinic in the Auxiliary Gym
- April 27, 3:00pm start time for Individual Tryouts in the Auxiliary Gym ( students will wait in the Multi Purpose room until tryout time)
- Monday, May 1st, 5:00pm, Mandatory Parent & Cheerleader Meeting in Crusader Room
|Additional Tryout Notes|
Manage physicals & eligibility with Appryse
Enroll & maintain athlete eligibility with Appryse. All families are required to re-activate enrollment each school year. Keep medical history info and participation physicals up-to-date online.
Jenny is entering her 19th year of coaching cheerleading at CHGS. Jenny started at Cardinal Gibbons in 1997 when her youngest sister Katie was a freshman. While cheering for NC State she was able to walk across Western Blvd and coach her beloved Crusader team. Jenny was the captain of the 2001 NC State college national championship team and has coached the Gibbons Cheerleaders to 3 Cheersport National Championships, 3 NCCCA State Championships, # NCSHAA titles and 2 Carolina Cups. Jenny has so much love for Catholic Education and of course the green and gold. She has a passion for helping student athletes reach their goals in the classroom and on the mat. Jenny is married to Taylor Marks and has five children, Ava, Sophia, Bryce, Chloe and Jack. GO GIBBONS
Our program has gained a great deal of national recognition in recent years, including three TOP 10 finishes in the past five years at UCA NATIONALS in Orlando, Fl.
NCHSAA Carolina Cup Overall State Champions: 2007, 2011, 2015
NCHSAA State Division Champions: 2001, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015
National Champions: 2008, 2009, 2010