All Cardinal Gibbons Students participate in semester exams. Students take both Midterm and Final exams with a few exceptions in electives, the Arts and AP courses.
Midterm Exam Schedule*
- December 13: Periods 2 & 3
- December 14: Periods 7 & 5
- December 15: Periods 8 & 4
- December 16: Periods 1 & 6
- December 19: Midterm Exam Make-up Day (Report to College Counseling at 7:30am)
Final Exam Schedule*
- May 23: Periods 2 & 3
- May 24: Periods 1 & 6
- May 25: Periods 8 & 4
- May 26: Periods 7 & 5
- May 30: Final Exam Make-up Day (Report to College Counseling at 7:30am)
*First exam begins at 8:15 a.m. and ends at 10:00 a.m and the second exam begins at 10:30 a.m. and ends at noon.
- Parents can contact Mrs. Nancy Barkan, Assistant Principal of Instruction, if a student needs to request a change in an exam schedule.
- Students are free to leave after their last exam.
- The first exam period will begin at 8:15 a.m.
- Students must be in dress code to take exams.
- Students must be on time for each exam period. Students coming late forfeit the time.
- Only excused exams can be made up.
- Exams count for up to 20% of the semester grade.
- A light breakfast snack will be available for sale in the Cafeteria between exams.
- Semester 2 Schedule changes will be made before the first day back in January; please check PowerSchool.
- May 8th: Science/Math
- May 9th: English/For. Lang/Theology
- May 10th: Math/ Soc. Studies
- May 11th: Soc Studies/ English
- May 16 & 18: Exam Make-up Day
AP Exams will be administered from May 1-May 12 at CGHS. The AP Exam schedule has information about specific dates and locations for exams.