My favorite memory of dances ...
- "was Sister Laura and 100 kids doing the electric slide."--Dom Vellucci '13
- "coach Carrington's weightlighting kids dancing as if they were pumping iron." --Richy Lee '16
- "four hundred kids jumping and going crazy for three hours a few feet away from where they study." --Dom Vellucci
- "was my sophomore year when I lost a toenail and Mrs. Barkan put a bunch of bandaids on my toe." --Melissa Walsh '13
- "the chaperones doing their job in a fun way." Ricky Lee '13
- "is the number of people from all different grades" --Rachel Lanzone '14
- "is being with classmates in a non-academic setting." --Kendal Davis '14
- "me and my friends going nuts and sliding through crowds of kids when 'Sandstorm' came on." --Andrew Cochrane '14
Homecoming Dance: Friday October 3rd
At the conclusion of the Football game at Gibbons that night, after the Alma Mater, we will open our doors for our Homecoming dance.
- our dances are some of the safest and nicest dances you can imagine
- this dance is only open to current Cardinal Gibbons High School students. you can bring a guest to the two other dances later in the year
- dance ends at Midnight
- once students leave the dance they will not be admitted back into the dance
- students can purchase a ticket ahead of time to the dance at the School Store for $8 or they can purchase a ticket at the door
- your "ticket" is a special event wristband made for this one event. If you loose your ticket you will have to purchase another one.
- admission to the dance is through the cafeteria near the stadium for your convenience.
- dress is informal. Shorts and sneakers are allowed since most students will be on campus here from 7:00 a.m to midnight.
Freshman/ Sophomore Dance: Saturday, February 7th, 2015
Spring is in the air and there is a spring in our step! Fun is right around the corner! Dust off those dancing shoes and join us at the Freshmen - Sophomore Dance. The Freshmen - Sophomore Dance will be held on Saturday, February 7th in the school cafeteria from 8 - 11 p.m.
1). Tickets for this special evening will be sold at the bookstore for $5 or at the door the evening of the dance for $10.
2). We don't want you to miss a minute of the fun, so no one will be admitted past 10 P.M.
3). Dress is semi-formal. We want to make sure you're comfortable and know how to dress. This is the most common question we get, so we'll try to answer it below in as much detail as we can.
Girls: Think of an outfit you would wear for dinner at a nice restuarant. It's not a formal sort of prom dress. Most girls don't wear long dresses. Semi-formal dresses, modest-hem length.
- fingertip length hem
- shoulders can show, but nothing too revealing
- no midriffs (dresses with cutouts)
- heels are not required
Boys. Since the girls are wearing dresses, guys should look nice. Dress in a way that your grandparents would be proud of if you were in the newspaper.
- Oxford shirt--button down shirt, long sleeve
- slacks. It's not summer time. And you're growing up.
- nice shoes and socks
- ties are optional
- jackets are not required
- dress shoes, loafers, boat shoes
- no sneakers
- no jeans
- no athletic socks
4). Make sure to register all guests in advance. You may register your guests at the bookstore.
5) don't feel pressure at all. The vast majority of students do not bring a date. You can if you want to, but don't feel pressure.
Junior-Senior Prom 2015: Friday April 24th
My favorite part of Prom was
- "was taking pictures in the photobooth with Mr. Hoying." --Matt Wacenske '13
- "dressing up and looking sharp." --James Becherer '13
- "having dinner together with all the chaperones before the dance." --Mr. Rogosich
Make memories that will last a lifetime. Come celebrate the Junior-Senior Prom at the Cardinal Club in downtown Raleigh.
In keeping with the tone of the evening, formal and semi-formal attire is required.
Please see below for all important Prom 2015 information.
Prom Information 2015
Where: The Cardinal Club
150 Fayetteville Street Mall
Raleigh, North Carolina
When: Friday, April 24th, 2015
9 p.m. – midnight
Price: $50 per person
Free Parking: This is included as part of the Prom at no additional cost; parking this year will be at a nearby parking deck and the Cardinal Club will validate the parking ticket. Escorts back to cars at the end of the evening will be available.
Free Dessert: Yum!!
Free Photo Booth: Our prom will be featuring a photo booth! The photo booth is complimentary. Share laughs with your friends while you make memories that will last a lifetime!
New for 2015: Karaoke!
Payment: Tickets will be on sale at the bookstore from April 13th- April 17th . The Cardinal Club requires us to submit the number of persons attending in advance. You must have them in on time. If you do not submit them on time, you cannot go to the prom.
Admittance: There are no paper tickets to prom. Your payment puts your name on our list, and then at the prom you only have to show your id. Your ticket purchase includes a prom favor which will be distributed at the event.
If you are bringing a guest (student at another high school, Gibbons grad etc.) to the prom, you are required to complete the Prom Guest Form. You can download it here or get a copy from Mr. Curatolo or Mrs. McCallum.
Attendance during school day: Please remember that “A student must be in school in order to participate in after school activities that day" (page 30 of the Parent Student Handbook.)
Dress: boys need to be in a tuxedo, while girls must be in a formal dress.
Questions: If you have any questions, contact Ms. Hadsell (email@example.com or 919-834-1625 x 224).