My favorite memory of dances ...
- "was Sister Laura and 100 kids doing the electric slide."--Dom Vellucci '13
- "coach Carrington's weightlighting kids dancing as if they were pumping iron." --Richy Lee '16
- "four hundred kids jumping and going crazy for three hours a few feet away from where they study." --Dom Vellucci
- "was my sophomore year when I lost a toenail and Mrs. Barkan put a bunch of bandaids on my toe." --Melissa Walsh '13
- "the chaperones doing their job in a fun way." Ricky Lee '13
- "is the number of people from all different grades" --Rachel Lanzone '14
- "is being with classmates in a non-academic setting." --Kendal Davis '14
- "me and my friends going nuts and sliding through crowds of kids when 'Sandstorm' came on." --Andrew Cochrane '14
Freshman/ Sophomore Dance: Saturday, February 8th, 2014
Spring is in the air and there is a spring in our step! Fun is right around the corner! Dust off those dancing shoes and join us at the Freshmen - Sophomore Dance. The Freshmen - Sophomore Cotillion will be held on Saturday, February 8th in the school cafeteria from 8 - 11 p.m.
1). Tickets for this special evening will be sold at the bookstore or at the door the evening of the dance for $10.
2). Student IDs are required for check-in.
3). We don't want you to miss a minute of the fun, so no one will be admitted past 10 P.M.
4). Dress is semi-formal. We want to make sure you're comfortable and know how to dress. This is the most common question we get, so we'll try to answer it below in as much detail as we can.
Girls: Think of an outfit you would wear for dinner at a nice restuarant. It's not a formal sort of prom dress. Most girls don't wear long dresses. Semi-formal dresses, modest-hem length.
- fingertip length hem
- shoulders can show, but nothing too revealing
- no midriffs (dresses with cutouts)
- heels are not required
Boys. Since the girls are wearing dresses, guys should look nice. Dress in a way that your grandparents would be proud of if you were in the newspaper.
- Oxford shirt--button down shirt, long sleeve
- slacks. It's not summer time. And you're growing up.
- nice shoes and socks
- ties are optional
- jackets are not required
- dress shoes, loafers, boat shoes
- no sneakers
- no jeans
- no athletic socks
5). Make sure to register all guests in advance. You may register your guests at the bookstore.
6) don't feel pressure at all. The vast majority of students do not bring a date. You can if you want to, but don't feel pressure.
Junior-Senior Prom 2014: Friday May 2nd
My favorite part of Prom was
- "was taking pictures in the photobooth with Mr. Hoying." --Matt Wacenske '13
- "dressing up and looking sharp." --James Becherer '13
- "having dinner together with all the chaperones before the dance." --Mr. Rogosich
Make memories that will last a lifetime. Come celebrate the Junior-Senior Prom on Friday, May 2nd at the Cardinal Club in downtown Raleigh.
The evening begins at 8 p.m and ends at midnight. In keeping with the tone of the evening, formal and semi-formal attire is required. See Mr. Rogosich for more details regarding directions and payment packages. Students will receive a keepsake invitation prior to the dance and then when leaving the dance they will receive a momento.
Please see below for all important Prom 2014 information.
Prom Information 2014
Where: The Cardinal Club
150 Fayetteville Street Mall
Raleigh, North Carolina
When: Friday, May 2nd, 2014
8 p.m. – midnight
Price: $50 per person
Free Valet Parking: This is included as part of the Prom at no additional cost; however, tipping the attendants is expected and is the student’s responsibility.
Free Dessert: Yum!!
Freee Photo Booth: Our prom will be featuring a photo booth! The photo booth is complimentary. Share laughs with your friends while you make memories that will last a lifetime!
Payment Envelopes: This prom information as well as payment envelopes was distrubuted to students in their English class. Please use the envelopes when making your payment and please submit them to the bookstore by April 16th . The Cardinal Club requires us to submit the number of persons attending in advance. You must have them in on time. If you do not submit them on time, you cannot go to the prom.
Admittance: There are no paper tickets to prom. Your payment puts your name on our list, and then at the prom you only have to show your id. Your ticket purchase includes a prom invitation and a prom favor. Invitations will be distributed on ___________ during all lunch periods. Prom favors will be distributed at the event.
Attendance during school day: Please remember that “A student must be in school in order to participate in after school activities that day” (page 30 of the Parent Student Handbook.)
Dress: boys need to be in a tuxedo, while girls must be in a formal dress.
Questions: If you have any questions, contact Mr. Rogosich (email@example.com or 919-834-1625 x 236).