Skip To Main Content
Dual Credit Program with Marymount University

Cardinal Gibbons High School and Marymount University are working in partnership to expand opportunities for high school students to pursue excellence in their academic development. Through the Dual Credit program, participating Gibbons seniors may earn college credit while in high school from Marymount University, a four-year Catholic university. 

The opportunity for obtaining dual credit is open to seniors whose general academic profile meets Marymount University criteria. All dual credit courses will use the AP grading scale. Seniors are required to take both semester exams in order to earn Dual Enrollment credit from Marymount. 

Dual Credit Courses Offered

For the 2023-2024 school year, Anatomy 1 and 2 with Lab (8 total college credits) will be offered. Additional courses may be offered in the future. 

Anatomy Course Description

Student Status and Cost

Students registered for Dual Credit are billed directly by Marymount University for tuition. Dual Credit courses are offered at a significantly reduced rate for Gibbons students. The cost is $150 per college credit. Students who are on financial aid at Cardinal Gibbons will receive a reduced rate based on their Gibbons financial aid package. 

Once accepted into the program, students will officially register for classes and receive instructions for using school resources. These students receive a Marymount ID card with full student privileges, including complete access to the school’s library resources. They will receive official grades and transcripts from the university as well as from Cardinal Gibbons High School.

How to Enroll

Rising seniors should select the corresponding Gibbons course on PowerSchool during course registration. In the fall, students will be billed by Marymount and pay tuition directly to the university. Upon successful completion of each semester of the course, students will receive a Marymount transcript with credits earned. It is the student’s responsibility to check if these credits transfer to colleges they plan to attend.