Welcome to your Gibbons Journey!
We want to make the application process as smooth as possible. The application for the 2018-2019 school year is processed online.
Applicants interested in being admitted to Cardinal Gibbons as sophomores or juniors will follow the online application process but do not take the Admissions Placement Test. The deadline for transfer applications is March 20, 2018.
All students applying for the class of 2022 must submit the online application including a student essay and registration for the Admission Placement Test which is the High School Placement Test (HSPT) by Scholastic Testing Services.
We offer two test dates for your convenience, December 2nd or January 6th and our application deadline is January 3rd.
Your submitted online application automatically confirms your registration for the selected test date.
We will be offering one makeup HSPT test date on January 27th. If you have not yet applied for the class of 2022 and are interested in submitting a late application, please contact Mrs. Marianne McCarty firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cardinal Gibbons Application Process:
- Register for placement testing through the online application.(9th grade applicants only) Your submitted application automatically confirms registration for the test date you choose.
- Complete your student essay which is part of the online application
- We want to learn more about you. Spend some time thinking about your passions, your future, your Gibbons journey.
- Submit your teacher recommendation through the schoolrecs link on the "introduction" page of the online application.
- We want to hear from a current teacher about what makes you unique as an applicant. The recommendation must be requested by January 3rd.
- Audition for the fine art for which you have a passion. (9th grade applicants only)
- We want you to be able to pursue your passions for all four years at Gibbons. Read about our outstanding arts department and set up your auditions.
- Indicate that you would like to take the World Language Placement Test (if applicable)(9th grade applicants only)
- Students wishing to place above level 1 in a world language should register through the application for our world language placement test held on March 3rd, 2018. (Required for incoming 9th grade students only.)
- Submit your application!
- The final application deadline for the class of 2022 is January 3rd. (recommendations need NOT be submitted but should be requested by the January 3rd deadline in order for application to be complete.) The $175 application fee can be paid via check or credit card and includes both your application and testing fees.
- Transfer students pay only application fee of $100.
- Send us your transcripts
- Students who attend one of our Diocesan K-8 schools will have their transcripts sent automatically but all other applicants must email their semester grades to our Director of Admissions, Marianne McCarty.
- Spend a day with a Gibbons Guide (optional student visit)
- Our GPS program is a great beginning to a Gibbons journey. Spend the day partnered with a current student and see what the excitement is all about.
- Submit a Video Clip - (OPTIONAL - Due February 8)
Last year we offered the opportunity for prospective students to come on campus for an interview. This year, as available on many college applications, we are excited to offer the option for students to submit a 60-90 second personal video clip. With advances in technology, we understand that some students appreciate being able to express themselves in this way. If you would like to take advantage of this option, please click on this link: 2022 Video Clip
Please be aware that this is completely optional. If a student decides not to submit a video, there will be absolutely NO negative effect on his/her application. We wanted to do something to mirror the college process and give those students with a desire to do something a little different, that opportunity.
February 6: If you would like to submit a video but could use a little help, we will have a media assistance opportunity, Tuesday, February 6 from 3:30 - 5:00pm in the Media Center on our campus. Gibbons students will be available to help you create your short clip on this day, so stop in if you would like to be assisted by some of our experts. Please don't hesitate to be creative with your submission!
- Acceptance notifications are sent out in late February. We look forward to working with each applicant to make this important decision.
For transfers for the 2017-2018 school year:
(The application deadline for the class of 2021 has passed so if you are applying for the class of 2021 or inquiring about a transfer please contact our admissions office prior to completing an application.
World Language Placement for Fall of 2018
New students interested in placing into a higher level world language class (Latin, French or Spanish), can take the placement exam.
Our placement tests for WL will be held on:
- March 3rd 9am
- March 7th - 3pm
- May 22nd - 3pm
- June 26 - 9am
Contact World Language Department Chair, Nancy Beale to secure a spot at the placement exam.