- String Bass (or electric)
- String Orchestra I (no experience required; honors option)
- *String Orchestra II (honors option)
- *String Orchestra III/IV Honors
*See Audition tab for more details
A portion of the Cardinal Gibbons String Mission is to strengthen local Diocesan Strings Programs. Cardinal Gibbons students have the opportunity to become mentors for our younger musicians throughout the year to forge a bond that spans both age and grade levels.
Current Middle/Elementary Strings Programs Offered:
Cardinal Gibbons Fiddle Camp is July 24th from 9am - 2pm for students
Grades 1 - 12 with at least one year of experience.
Cost is $250 for the week.
Students do the following:
- Learn Fiddle Tunes
- Learn the History of Fiddle/Bluegrass Music
- Play Games
- Perform on the last day
- High Schoolers: Have the opportunity to be a counselor and mentor younger students and to learn how to improvise and play fiddle music as well.
Contact Andrew Hawks for more information for Summer 2017!
Auditions are for students interested in Intermediate and Advanced Classes only. No auditions required for the Beginning Strings Class.
The auditions themselves are informal and serve to show Mr. Hawks the students' level of playing for correct string ensemble placement.
Students can prepare the following for the audition:
- One Orchestral piece of their choosing
- One Solo Piece of their choosing
- One Scale 2 or 3 octave