A theatrical production's true success is measured by the strength, commitment and bond of its ensemble--cast, production team and educators. Gibbons Drama Ensemble Retreat is all about what its name implies-building a supportive, fearless, and joy-filled community.
The retreat is chance to step away from the inside--of our heads, of our established cliques, of a dark theater--and head outside (literally!)--and focus on furthering trust and developing new relationships.
The Ensemble Retreat is open to all students currently enrolled in Gibbons Drama classes as well as any student who has worked on a Gibbons Drama production or project in the past--or would like to work on one in the future.
Being a part of Gibbons Drama means much more than rehearsing, creating and performing. It means learning to be a leader within the classroom and in the Gibbons school community, acting as a role model to peers and younger students, challenging ourselves and each other to become young men and women of strength and character, and recognizing the unique gifts that God has given us.
We are an ensemble-driven community of creative leaders
who embrace and share our gifts to glorify God through the art of theater.
Our Ensemble Retreat is held, as always, at Camp Hanes --a YMCA camp outside of Winston-Salem.
We will depart Gibbons after 6th period on Friday, October 18 and return at approximately 3:00 PM on Sunday, October 20. Bus transportation provided by Holiday Tours.
All meals will be provided by the Camp Hanes cafeteria. Please do not bring food or snacks! We'll have plenty.
Gibbons Ensemble Retreat Student Fee: $220.00
- Please bring only what is necessary.
- Clothing for 3 days and 2 nights (most activities take place outside, including zip-lining, hiking, and ropes courses)
- Tennis shoes
- Sweatshirt/Jacket for the evenings
- Activities take place rain or shine, so please pack a rain jacket of some kind.
- Bug spray
- Shower shoes (optional, but recommended)
- Shower towel
- Pillow, bed sheets, and blanket for a twin-sized bed or a sleeping bag/pillow
- Cellphone and charger (for breaks only)-other electronics not permitted
- Water bottle