Gibbons Drama NYC Theater Intensive Trip
The Gibbons Drama New York Theater Intensive is a five-day, four-night trip designed to be a deep cultural dive into both New York City and the world of professional theater. The trip aims to empower our students to explore the city beyond the typical tourist experience while also exposing them to what makes New York so essential to the theater community- its people, history, geography and, most importantly, the productions that make it the center of the American theater community.
Trip Mission: to offer students an authentic and relaxed experience of New York City and introduce students to the diversity of culture and experiences New York has to offer, all while experiencing as much theater as possible.
Dates: Tuesday, June 2--Saturday, June 6
Participation: The 2020 NYC Theater Intensive Trip is open to all rising juniors and seniors who are part of the Gibbons Drama program. This includes Drama classroom students as well as regular Gibbons Drama production participants. Space is limited to a maximum of 18 students.
Chaperones: Mr. Kevin Ferguson and Ms. Emily Sartori.
NYC Theater Intensive Itinerary Outline:
- 5 Broadway Theatrical Productions: 3-4 curated shows, and a 1-2 personal choices for each student.
- Museum visits, Central Park, High Line Walk and Chelsea Market
- Exclusive backstage tour of Carnegie Hall
- St. Patrick's Cathedral
- A combination of both guided and personal free time to explore the city
Contact: Please contact Mr. Ferguson with questions or for more information.
New York Theater Intensive Trip Cost: $2,250.00
Trip fee includes:
- Round Trip Air Fare from RDU-LGA (LaGuardia)
- Lodging (5 days, 4 Nights @ Hyatt Andaz, 5th Avenue)
- Car-Fare (subway and airport transportation)
- Premium Seating at 5 Broadway\Off-Broadway productions
- Museum and attraction admissions
- First morning breakfast, last evening supper
Other student meals and personal spending money are not included in this total. Students are advised to bring a debit or credit card with approximately $350.00 to cover meals, snacks, and incidental costs.
A non-refundable $250.00 deposit is required to secure your spot on the trip. This deposit will be applied to your trip balance. If you need to withdraw from the trip and we can fill your spot from the wait list, we may be able to refund this deposit.