2023 Athletes of the Year
Rhian Lawrence '23 and Tyler Tracy '23 were named the female and male Athletes of the Year during a ceremony last week.
Rhian has profoundly impacted the women's basketball and soccer teams. This season, she scored her 1,000 career basketball points. Tyler is a back-to-back State Championship wrestler who is committed to NC State.
Rhian Lawrence | Basketball & Soccer
- More than 1,000 career points
- Conference Player of the Year as a junior
- Two-time High School OT All-State Honorable Mention
- Coaches Association All-District team
- Helped team win back-to-back conference championships
- Goalkeeper for last year’s state championship team
- Made a number of PK stops in the playoffs, including the title match to seal the win
- Coaches Association All-Region as a junior
- High School OT All-State Honorable Mention as a junior
Tyler Tracey | Wrestling
- Back-to-back state champion as a junior and senior
- State runner-up as a sophomore and freshman
- He was named First Team All-State by High School OT as a senior and junior. Second team as a sophomore.
- Committed to wrestle at N.C. State next season.
Athlete of the Year finalists