Athletic Events Bag Policy
Cardinal Gibbons limits the size and types of bags permitted at all athletic events, including but not limited to football games, basketball games, wrestling matches, and other athletic events.
This policy promotes a safer environment by enhancing security. It emerged from the school's continuous evaluation of its athletic security protocols in collaboration with the Raleigh Police Department.
Cardinal Gibbons encourages attendees not to bring any bags; however, the following will be permitted:
- One clear bag no larger than 12" x 15" x 3."
- In addition, event attendees may carry a small clutch bag or wristlet no larger than 4" x 6" x 1", with or without a strap.
- All attendees may carry one approved clear bag and one clutch bag or wristlet.
- Bags containing medically necessary items for that attendee's assistance (e.g., oxygen tank).
- Diaper bags.
In addition, each attendee is permitted to bring loose items, including:
- Seat cushions not exceeding 18 inches wide with no pockets, zippers, or concealable areas.
- iPad or other mobile devices.
- Camera (no camera bag).
- Binoculars (no case or bag)
- Babies may be brought into venues in a soft baby carrier or sling. Rigid frame baby and toddler carriers, as well as strollers, are permitted.
All permitted items are subject to inspection before entry is permitted.
Items NOT permitted
No other bags are permitted, including but not limited to:
- Fanny packs
- Belt bags
- String bags
- Messenger bags
- Camera bags
- Roll bags
- Binocular cases
- Duffle bags
There are no provisions for leaving prohibited items at gates or doors. Neither Cardinal Gibbons nor any staff member is responsible for items left behind, lost, stolen, or damaged.