National Honor Society
NHS members are expected to participate in multiple service activities throughout the year, both in the school and local communities. These events include Freshman Welcome Day, Open House, and the annual Toy Drive, just to name a few!
Current members can access all service-related information by clicking HERE.
NHS 2018-2019 Calendar
- Spring Application is in Early March: Eligible students will be notified via email about the Interest Meeting on March 13th at 2:20pm in the Theater. Applications due March 21st 2019 at 3:15pm in Room 200
- Fall Application is late August. Students will be notified via email. Applications for Fall Applicants are due by 3:00pm on August 30th.
- NHS Information and Application Packet - Everything you need to know about NHS. Please read this document in its entirety before applying.
- Teacher Recommendation Request - Print THREE copies of this to give to three of your teachers from THIS YEAR. They will complete their recommendations online.
- Supplemental Essay Topic - If you have previously applied to NHS and were not accepted, please submit ONE copy of the supplemental essay with your application.
(You must be logged into Google with your CGHS account to access the form.)
Please submit all recommendations by March 26th. Thank you so much for your input!!
Junior Officer Application
Please print and complete the Junior Officer Application and submit to Ms. Kristin Edrington in College Counseling by 3:15 on Monday, August 27th.
Sunday, September 29, 2019
The Induction Ceremony for new NHS members will be held in the Fall of 2019. This is a prestigious event, and attendance is required for all new members. Parents and families are also cordially invited to attend. Important Information for Inductees is linked below.
1. There is a mandatory practice for all new members, on September 25th at 2:20pm. We will be finished by 3:15. (Returning Seniors volunteering at the ceremony do NOT NEED to attend the practice.)
2. Members being inducted should plan to arrive at school by 2:30pm on the day of the ceremony. Report to the Main Lobby (outside the theater) to line up for the procession.
3. This is a prestigious, conservative event, and your attire should reflect that. Ladies should wear a skirt/dress or dressy pants, and gentlemen should wear a conservative suit or sportcoat and a tie, slacks, and dress shoes.