National Honor Society
The National Honor Society is an organization that promotes appropriate recognition for juniors and seniors who reflect outstanding accomplishments in the areas of scholarship, character, leadership, and service. All members are expected to attend monthly meetings and to make contributions to the Cardinal Gibbons chapter by participating in chapter service activities.
Selection of students for membership is the responsibility of the CG NHS Educator council appointed by the Principal. Students who are eligible to apply will be contacted via their school email address in February.
NHS members are expected to participate in multiple service activities throughout the year, both in the school and local communities. These events include Freshman Welcome Day, Open House, and the annual Toy Drive, just to name a few!
Current members can access all service-related information by clicking HERE.
- NHS Information and Application Packet - Everything you need to know about NHS. Please read this document in its entirety before applying.
- Teacher Recommendation Request - Print THREE copies of this to give to three of your teachers from THIS YEAR. They will complete their recommendations online.
- Supplemental Essay Topic - If you have previously applied to NHS and were not accepted, please submit ONE copy of the supplemental essay with your application.
- Interest Meeting Presentation - This is the presentation from the March 14th NHS Candidate Interest meeting.
(You must be logged into Google with your CGHS account to access the form.)
Please submit all recommendations by Tuesday March 27th. Thank you so much for your input!!
Junior Officer Application
Please print and complete the Junior Officer Application and submit to Mrs. Karazin in Room 200 by 3:15 on Monday, August 27th.
Sunday, September 30, 2018
The Induction Ceremony for new NHS members will be held in the Fall of 2018. This is a prestigious event, and attendance is required for all new members. Parents and families are also cordially invited to attend. Important Information for Inductees is linked below.
1. There is a mandatory practice for all new members, date TBD. We will be finished by 3:15. (Returning Seniors volunteering at the ceremony do NOT NEED to attend the practice.)
2. Members being inducted should plan to arrive at school by 2:30pm on the day of the ceremony. Report to the Main Lobby (outside the theater) to get your corsage/boutonniere and line up for the procession.
3. This is a prestigious, conservative event, and your attire should reflect that. Ladies should wear a skirt/dress or dressy pants, and gentlemen should wear a conservative suit or sports coat and a tie, slacks, and dress shoes.