Monday: My Team Monday: What’s your team? What’s your sport? Dress in your favorite team’s jersey or shirt, or go all out—season ticket holders, popcorn venders, hockey masks and pads.
Tuesday: Tropical Tuesday: All tourists welcome to see the creatures from the sea! Dress up in a Hawaiian shirt and fanny packs, or as your favorite fish. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen.
Wednesday: Whimsical Wednesday: Disney, Nickelodeon, Pixar, DreamWorks characters welcome. Dress up as your favorite princess or monster! You could wear your Chewbacca onesie or go all out and transform into Mickey Mouse.
Thursday: Throwback Thursday A blast from the past! Join us as we travel back
in time to the best styles in history. Suggested decades
Freshmen: 70s’s Disco! Long Fun Pants, Bright Colors, Tye Dye.
Sophomores: 60’s !! Polka Dots, Hippies, Peace and Love.
Juniors: 80’s Big Hair Don’t Care, Shoulder Pads are welcome. There’s no such thing
as too few legwarmers. Miami Vice and Alf.
Seniors 90’s Flannel, Clap, clap, clap clap Monica and Chandler!!
Educators: 1950’s Pony Boy Outsider, Pink Ladies.
Friday: Green Out Gibbons: All Green, all Gibbons, all the time.
**For all Spirit Week days, remember to keep modesty and the school environment in mind. No yoga pants or legging pants. No shorts of skirts more than three inches above the knee. Nike shorts over leggings doesn’t fly. No bare shoulders for guys or girls. Hats are ok if they’re part of your costume. Please no fake weapons even as part of an outfit.
At Gibbons all students allowed to vote for the 4 juniors and 10 seniors who will be on the Homecoming Court of Honor who will be showcased at halftime of the Homecoming football game.
The king and queen are selected in the following manner. A committee of students interviews each senior individually and then votes on who will be the king and queen.
At the Pep-Rally there will be a chance for five performances from the five classes on campus—9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and Educators. Here is how it works.
· During the week of September 17-21st in the lobby, students and educators will decide on five songs from five genres of music (Disney, Big Hair, Modern, R & B, Boy Band).
· On Monday September 24th, we will have a drawing where each group draws one of the songs out of the hat.
Song Battle Rules and Regulations
· Groups must perform up to but not exceeding 90 seconds of the song.
· Groups must select the song segment and tell the student DJ by Monday October 1st
· Groups must have no less than 10 people and no more than 40.
· Groups gender ration must not exceed 30/70
· Groups are advised see the pep-rally schedule posted the day before the rally to know the order of the rally to determine when they are performing. Performers should get into place ONE act before and then will be cued to start. They will be judged on timely starts.
· Groups will have a rehearsal on September 30th at 6 p.m. in the gym
· Groups are judged by our alumni panel which will score on a scale of 1-100 on the following criteria.
· Judging Criteria for performance: dance, showmanship, creativity, mission.
· Points will be deducted by Mr. Rogosich for each time the rules are not met to the fullest
1st Set Up
2nd and 3rd Song Battle (skits)
6th Dance Team
Pep Rally – Bell Schedule
8:00 Warning Bell
8:05 - 8:45 Period 1 (40 min - 10 Minute Homeroom at the end)
8:50 - 9:20 Period 2 (30)
9:25 – 9:55 Period 3 (30)
10:00 – 10:35 Period 4 (35)
10:40 – 11:15 Period 5 (35)
11:20 – 11:55 Period 6 (35)
12:00 – 12:30 Period 7 (30)
12:35 - 1:10 Period 8 (35 min -no announcements)
1:10-2:55 Pep Rally
Order of the Pep-Rally
1 Prayer/ Nat’l Anthem
2 Slide Show
4 Field Hockey
5 Freshman Song
8 Girl’s Golf
9 Sophomore Song
10 Chili Challenge
11 Women’s Cross C.
12 Dance Team
13 Men’s Cross C.
14 Drum Line
16 Junior Song
18 Educator Song
20 Homecoming Court
21 Senior Song