Skip To Main Content

Transcripts, Course Changes, Failures and Withdrawals

Transcripts, Course Changes, Failures and Withdrawals
Gibbons Academics

Learn more about the Gibbons Transcript, course changes, failure and  withdrawal policy


Transcripts are an official record of a student’s semester grades and GPA.   The registrar is responsible for these records. Transfer student grades will not be a part of the Cardinal Gibbons HS transcript.   Official grades and credits earned at other schools will be attached to the Cardinal Gibbons transcript when an official transcript is requested.  Only high school courses taken at Cardinal Gibbons High School are included in the GPA and determination of awards. High school credit is not given for courses taken at a college or university.

Transcripts may not be released to any third party, except for a member of the staff having an official need for the information, without the expressed approval (in writing) of the student, if 18 years of age or older, or a parent/guardian if the student is not yet 18. 

Parents/students may obtain a copy of his/her transcript at any time as well as challenge any information contained in the records.  A student’s permanent record (transcript) will remain on file at Cardinal Gibbons High School indefinitely. Students should be aware that the transcript is a permanent, official record that contains all semester grades and a cumulative grade point average.  Colleges and employers often ask that this record be provided. Students should recognize the importance of this document as it reflects achievement.  

To request an official transcript: Alumni/Former Gibbons Student Transcript Request Form

Course Withdrawals and Schedule Changes

On all course changes, written/digital approval must be given by the parent and administration.  A student may not withdraw from a class without approval of the teacher, college counselor and/or the Assistant Principal of Instruction. Educator assignments are based on student requests that are approved by parents in the spring.  Therefore, course changes will only be made for sound academic reasons. The school cannot guarantee that an alternative course will be available. Course changes are subject to a $75.00 fee, which must be paid before a change is operative.


Students who receive a grade of an F in a required course must make up the course in order to be promoted to the next grade.  Students will have access either to a summer school option or an online option. Students must complete any coursework prior to July 31st of the academic year.  Students with multiple failures will be placed on academic probation. Students on probation who do not improve may be asked to withdraw from Cardinal Gibbons.