This interactive two-hour session will give students the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of their new laptop and connect with the Gibbons technology team to troubleshoot any issues.
1 to 3 p.m.
Ninth-grade students have been assigned a date to attend Laptop Distribution and Orientation based on their Gibbons Freshman Seminar (GFS) class. This will give you an opportunity to meet a few of the classmates you’ll spend time with during the upcoming year.
Students will receive a text message with their assigned date.
1 to 3 p.m.
August 16 is the makeup date for students who cannot attend their scheduled session. Please email Laptop Coordinator Sarah Kuszaj if you need to attend the makeup event; spaces are limited.
What to expect
- Connect with your classmates while becoming familiar with your laptop.
- Get ready for the first day of school by setting up your laptop with all the important apps you need to be successful.
What to bring
- A mask. We are awaiting masking guidance for the upcoming school year from the Diocese. In the meantime, we will follow our summer program protocols of masks for all students in the building.
- A water bottle. There will be some time spent outside the building.
- A spirit and openness to meet other people and participate in activities to introduce you to your laptop and other students.
What to wear
We will follow the Summer Camp dress code. Shorts, t-shirts, and sandals are welcome. We suggest bringing something long-sleeved as well as it can get cool inside the building.
Potential Shipping Delays
Due to the chip shortage, laptops shipped later than anticipated. We are tracking the delivery status and anticipate an on-time arrival. In the rare circumstance that the laptops do not arrive on time, we will be forced to cancel this event and distribute them during the first day of Gibbons Freshman Seminar class. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Check back here for any changes or updates before you come to campus.
Please email Laptop Coordinator Sarah Kuszaj.